Here are some pictures of the new unstoppable machine. I have it working very well now after adjusting some setting and fiddling with the code a little. Any new machine is going to need some fiddling to get everything to work together correctly. M code is very flexible so one particular configuration will not fit all machines. For example, with this machine, the “gear” ratios are very different as well as the motor capabilities so the speed scaling factor and max speed had to be changed a lot. If I hold the ram on this machine, the whole machine moves across the floor and this is a heavy machine. It does not miss steps at all so I have to be sure that the safety features are operating. For a while I had a problem getting the estop switch to not false trigger. If anyone is having a problem with this I suggest adding ferrites on all signal lines and adding a 1 mf tantalum capacitor from input 1 to ground right at the teensy. I think it is the massive motor that is causing more EMI than smaller motors.
I will be making perforated metal covers for both the machine and the power supply to make them safer to use.
At the suggestion of a reader, I checked out the bearing products from Igus. Soon I should have some sleeves to replace the linear ball bearings that I find to be noisy. The UK site is best for finding products as they have both metric and imperial sizes. Any part found can be searched for by number on the US site. http://www.igus.co.uk/